A Dustland Fairytale

Once upon a time...

...there was a beautiful princess named Amanda. She loved pretty dresses and sunglasses and ponies and punk rock. But she had a secret. Every night when the sun set, Amanda turned into a toothy and terrifying AMANDASAURUS REX! Miss Rex's blog is much more interesting and frequently updated than this one, so I advise you to proceed there... IF YOU DARE.

In search of Ryan Todd


So there is this boy - we shall call him Ryan Todd - that showed up at the writing center about a week and a half ago while I was working an extra shift to help pay for the trip to California that I was supposed to be taking this weekend. I had been working for three and a half hours and I'd helped eight or nine people with papers already, so I was none too happy when the door opened again.

But, my dear readers, Ryan Todd was a whole new species of gorgeous. I don't remember that much about his paper because I was too busy thinking "you have really pretty eyes.....," but I remember at one point in the middle of our discussion he looked up and said, "I don't believe in fate." Now mind you, the statement was totally relevant to our conversation about the essay, but I still fell in love a little bit when he said it.

When he left, I promptly berated myself for thinking such silly thoughts when, in fact, I was already taken. Still, I couldn't help feeling giddy when I saw him a few days later and he said hello. That's right, Ryan Todd McGorgeous remembered lil old me. I yelled at myself again on the way back to Ferrin. It was not very effective. I couldn't wipe the fatuous smile off my face, try as I might.

Then I became single and Ryan Todd disappeared off the face of the Gordon bubble. I didn't see him once all week. I kept hoping he'd show up at the writing center with another paper... or just for a visit (XD yeah I know). I at least wanted to know how his paper that somehow had something to do with fate turned out. Mais alas, Ryan Todd was nowhere to be found.

And then today. I spotted him from afar during chapel and was all YAAAY until I realized that he realized that I'd been looking at him. Oooops, heh heh.

Welcome back to third grade, y'alls.

3 comments:

thisstorysoldbut... said...

hahaha i love you

Karen M. Peterson said...

Hi. I found you through SITS today.

I read this post and your break up post and I was struck by how much you sound like me when I was your age.

Have a great day!

Katie McCoach said...

ha, you're writing is alot of fun. its just pleasant and nice to read. and this is the type of thing all us girls (even taken) go through every now and then, cuz some guys are just soo OOOO and you like the eye candy.