A Dustland Fairytale

Once upon a time...

...there was a beautiful princess named Amanda. She loved pretty dresses and sunglasses and ponies and punk rock. But she had a secret. Every night when the sun set, Amanda turned into a toothy and terrifying AMANDASAURUS REX! Miss Rex's blog is much more interesting and frequently updated than this one, so I advise you to proceed there... IF YOU DARE.

Spirited Away


Happy Plaid Day!
(checkers and paisley also qualify for spirit points!)

The first thing that happened today was Katie hearing the bagpipes playing outside and me booking it to the mini-quad in my pajamas to get spirit points. There I found Eli Donis, serial hugger, and Ben Morrow, my former Harry-Potter-loving partner in crime. Ben lent me all his plaid clothes and Eli and I made plans to swap plaid clothing at dinnertime so we could both get maximum spirit points.

Then Katie painted my nails plaid and I colored checkers on my toenails. After that, the day pretty much proceeded normally except for my poetry class going to an orchard and not actually reading much poetry because we were too busy being [college] kids in an [organic] candy store. Mmm, cider donuts. =P And I bought hot pepper jelly to put on crackers with whipped cream cheese! I know that sounds bonkers, but it's delightful, I promise.

After the orchard, I got shirts from Dan and John and layered myself in plaid stuff. I also made sure to bring the sword I improvised out of a cardboard box I found in the recycling room last night (they said you get points for dressing up like Braveheart characters. I guess I should mention that we're pretty Scottish around here, hence the plaid, bagpipes, and Braveheart references.) I couldn't fit any more shirts on my body, so I started tying them around my waist and neck. I had four pairs of pants, I think. I wore one of them on my head. Eli draped a few more shirts over me at the last second, and then the judges started counting. The sword was worth 75 points. I think I got like 130 total. HELLO, SOX TICKETS!

Except I just realized that most of my Gordon attire is at home. BUMMER! Who wants to lend me their clothing tomorrow???

1 comments:

Eeeva said...

hahah that's awesome. i wish i had seen you!! thanks. i hope it goes well next week too.